April 24th Re-Opening
Hello and thank you all so much for your interest surrounding Governor Kemp’s announcement that we can open this Friday, April 24th.
We want to be very clear that we are taking your safety and that of our staff very seriously. There are many new safety and sanitation initiatives that we are implementing but we wanted to inform you of the most important:
• Social Distancing – We are splitting our Service Providers into shifts, thereby reducing the number of people in the building by a minimum of 50%. Service Providers will be working in every other station, leaving an empty station to keep a safe distance.
• Masks – All of our staff will be required to wear masks. We require that you wear a mask to your appointment and we ask that you wear one that secures behind the ears.
• No Blow-drying – Temporarily, we will not be doing any blow-drying in the salon in order to prevent forceful airflow of any germs. We ask that you come with your hair clean (shampooed within 3 hours of the appointment time), dry and pulled away from your face, so that we can either spray your hair rather than shampoo, or cut it dry, again to avoid possible close proximity germ spread. We would like to limit shampoos to only removing color from the hair. Please know how important the best possible luxury service for you is to us. Any adjustments in your service regarding shampoos and blow-drys will be temporary.
• Touchless Greetings & Goodbyes – We will not be shaking hands or hugging at this time.
• Limited Changing Room – Color clients will be handed a clean smock upon entering the salon and will be handed a plastic bag to contain their top. Cut clients will receive a fresh cape for their service with a Sanek strip. Please come in freshly cleaned clothing.
• No Beverages – We will not be offering any beverages at this time.
• Limited Items and Guests – We ask that you arrive for your appointment at the time of your appointment and no earlier. Please limit any belongings that you bring with you perhaps to your phone and forms of payment (rather than your handbag). Please do not bring any extra guests with you and please do not bring children to your appointment at this time. Absolutely no pets will be allowed in the salon at this time.
Our Guest Service Coordinators will be calling clients beginning April 22 to confirm and reschedule appointments for April 24th and into the future. If your appointment was scheduled prior to April 24th then please call the salon to reschedule your appointment. PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE SALON PRIOR TO APRIL 24th. Due to the scheduled shifting of the Service Providers, your scheduled appointment may not stand as it was previously scheduled, however we will notify you as soon as possible. We have limited phone staff that will be working hard to accommodate the many changes that have occurred.
If you have an underlying health condition we ask that you wait to return to the salon until May 14th per state guidelines. In addition, if you have been ill or around someone who has been ill, please wait 14 days to reschedule your appointment.
We ask for your patience and understanding during this time as we are working quickly and very diligently to be both accommodating and conscientious to your needs. We are incorporating extensive new and improved sanitation practices into every aspect of our operation, including the requirement of all of our Service Provider’s completion of a Georgia State Board Barbicide course.
Lastly, our Virginia Highlands location will not be open just yet as we will be opening at the new location at 675 N. Highland Ave. We will notify you as soon as possible about your appointment at our new fabulous location.
Thank you so very much for your kindness and support during this difficult time in history. We look forward to seeing you in the salon soon!
-Your Friends at Van Michael Salons